Sunday, April 22, 2012

Thoughts of the Project


I feel like for this project I didn’t have as much trouble that I thought I’d have. The only thing that I felt like might have been restricting my work on it was the fact that I’m juggling other projects in other classes but the same can be said for other people as well. Whenever there was a problem it could have been solved through more recording or clarification of Final Cut.

Another quick run through of photoshop would have been nice for anyone that would have wanted to use it in their projects or photos if they wanted to do something special with them. Another thing that would have been helpful is teaching about other solutions in cases where students have bad audio. People always don’t have chances to re-record their subjects so it’s nice if there were ways for people to work on th audio through final cut or other programs they would have access to in the labs.

It may also just be me, but in regards to this project I just didn’t like the whole interviewing process. Using this project to allow the students to get familiar with equipment, programs and techniques is a good way to teach. But I would much rather have liked to choose my own subject, because suddenly you are given a person to interview and build a narrative around it from the content that you’re given. I just think that it is better to have someone choose their own subject and let it be something that peaks their own interest, because then it becomes something that they have their own investment in and they want to look deeper into it rather than it just be another assignment where everyone has the same constraints.

No comments:

Post a Comment